Main | Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Too Gay To Function Mean Girls Cast Member Daniel Franzese Comes Out

Actor Daniel Franzese, who played the "too gay to function" Damian in Mean Girls, has come out with a letter to that character posted today on Bent. An excerpt:
I had the perfect opportunity in 2004 to let people know the REAL Daniel Franzese. Now in 2014 - ten years later - looking back, it took YOU to teach me how to be proud of myself again. It’s okay if no one wants to sit at the table with the “art freaks.” Being a queer artist is one of my favorite things about myself. I have always been different and that's rad. People have always asked if I was really gay? While my reps usually lied to protect me. My friends and family all knew the truth but now it's time everyone does. Perhaps this will help someone else. I had to remind myself that my parents named me Daniel because it means "God is my judge" So, I’m not afraid anymore. Of Hollywood, the closet or mean girls. Thank you for that, Damian. (And Tina.) By the way, in June I am the Celebrity Grand Marshal of the Portland Gay Pride Parade. We go Glen Coco.
Read the full letter.

Labels: , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home