Main | Tuesday, March 27, 2012

VIRGINIA: Dems Demand Resignation Of Anti-Gay Liar Eugene Delgaudio

Citing his 2012 inclusion on the SPLC's list of anti-gay hate groups, Virginia Democrats are calling for the resignation of Loudoun County Supervisor Eugene Delgaudio.

The Washington Post reports:
Evan Macbeth, chairman of the Loudoun County Democratic Committee, said the time has come for Delgaudio, who won his fourth term as supervisor in November, to step down. “Loudoun County is no place for hatred and bigotry,” Macbeth said in a statement Monday. “The people of Loudoun deserve much better from their elected leaders than Eugene Delgaudio.” Macbeth said he hoped that Delgaudio’s colleagues and Republican leaders would also call for his resignation in light of the development. “I am certain they understand the implications of the leader of a hate group continuing to serve as a Loudoun County supervisor,” he said
A petition has been launched to support the resignation call, but local GOP officials are backing Delgaudio.
“It is not surprising to me that the Loudoun County Democrats are circulating petitions regarding this issue,” Sell said in a statement Monday. “This will probably be the first of many attacks on sitting Republican elected officials. These types of attacks only take focus away from the issues Loudoun County residents are concerned about, such as education, transportation and taxes.”
For several years I've posted Delgaudio's often inadvertently amusing, but always lie-packed pleas for money. On that note, check out Waking Up Now for the grotesque amount of money Delgaudio's one-man show has scammed out of dim-witted Christianists. For the most recent year that numbers are available: $1,276,232 in donations.

Delgaudio responds to today's WaPo story:
“This has been an issue for 30 years, as president of Public Advocate, and for 12 years as supervisor,” he said. “Liberals will always cry when they lose, and they lose every time they come up against me.” The addition of Public Advocate to the SPLC “hate map,” was motivated by fundraising, Delgaudio claimed. “They’re trying to raise money in Virginia, so they have to talk about Delgaudio,” he said. “I have to take it lightly.”
FLASHBACK: Here's a Delgaudio classic.
One stormy night I drove to a mailshop hidden deep in a nearly deserted stand of warehouses. I'd heard something was up and wanted to see for myself. As I rounded the final turn my eyes nearly popped. Tractor-trailers pulled up to loading docks, cars and vans everywhere and long-haired, earring-pierced men scurrying around running forklifts, inserters and huge printing presses. Trembling with worry I went inside. It was worse than I ever imagined. Row after row of boxes bulging with pro-homosexual petitions lined the walls, stacked to the ceiling. My mind reeled as I realized hundreds, maybe thousands, more boxes were already loaded on the tractor-trailers. And still more petitions were flying off the press. Suddenly a dark-haired man screeched, "Delgaudio what are you doing here?" Dozens of men began moving toward me. I'd been recognized. As I retreated to my car, the man chortled, "This time Delgaudio we can't lose." Driving away, my eyes filled with tears as I realized he might be right. This time the Radical Homosexuals could win.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

comments powered by Disqus

<<Home